- Most procedures are conducted remotely, online, or by registered mail through Hellenic Post (ELTA) or a courier service.
- Procedures that require in-person presence are conducted by appointment.
- The Service responds to general inquiries sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multiple similar or repetitive messages will not be answered
|WHAT DO I WANT?
|HOW DO I SUBMIT AN APPLICATION;
|SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT
|TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT (FOR THE FIRST TIME)
|The process is carried out online through the application https://applications.migration.gov.gr/metanasteusi. All categories, required documents, and instructions for using the application are available. If you need technical assistance for the application, you can contact:
|TO RENEW MY RESIDENCE PERMIT
|TO REISSUE MY PERMIT BECAUSE I LOST IT / IT HAS BEEN DAMAGED / MY DETAILS HAVE CHANGED / IT WAS STOLEN
|I NEED TO PROVIDE BIOMETRICS
|The Department sends a notification also visible in the APPLICATION STATUS at http://pf.emigrants.ypes.gr/
|I AM AN INVESTOR AND I WANT AN APPOINTMENT FOR BIOMETRICS
|CONTACT THE SECRETARIAT at email@example.com
|I WANT TO NOTIFY THAT I CANNOT ATTEND FOR BIOMETRICS
|I SAW IN MY APPLICATION STATUS THAT THE PERMIT IS READY
|MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT https://applications.migration.gov.gr/
|I WANT TO RECEIVE A REJECTION DECISION OR A DECISION FOR AN EXPIRED PERMIT
|REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT TO COLLECT at firstname.lastname@example.org
|I WANT TO KNOW THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION I WILL SUBMIT
|They are available in the application of the Ministry of Migration & Asylum as well as on the website of the Decentralized Administration of Attica https://apdattikis.gov.gr/en/documents/
|APPEAL AGAINST A REJECTION
|Send your application by registered mail through Hellenic Post (ELTA) or courier (Separate envelope for each person)
|EXTENSION OF VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE (After rejection)
|CHANGE OF PERSONAL DETAILS
|CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE
|HAS THE PERMIT BEEN ISSUED? DO I HAVE ANY NOTIFICATION?
|CANCELLATION OF PERMIT
|AFTER ACQUIRING GREEK CITIZENSHIP * THE POSTAL ADDRESS IS WRITTEN ON THE DECISION OF THE LAST RESIDENCE PERMIT
|Send the original permit, a copy of the registration with your Municipality, and contact/address details. The department will send the decision to your house.
|I HAVE A SELF-ADHESIVE PERMIT
|Send a photocopy of the self-adhesive permit, a copy of the registration with the Municipality, and your address details. The department will send the decision to your house.
|ENTRY VISA, JUDICIAL COMPLIANCE, RELOCATION FOLLOWING A CALL FOR WORK
|I WANT TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
|Send registered mail through Hellenic Post (ELTA) or a courier service to the Inspection Department, email@example.com
|I CAN’T FIND WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR, I HAVE A QUESTION. I HAVE AN EMERGENCY
|Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below you can read some additional brief answers to frequently asked questions:
SERVICE OF RESIDENCE PERMITS AND DOCUMENTS
(copies of rejection decisions, folder copies, other documents unrelated to online applications)
Residence Permits are served only by appointment
- For citizens at https://portal.immigration.gov.gr/login
- For lawyers on the online portal of the Plenary of the Greek Bar Associations (portal.olomeleia.gr)
- Rejection Decisions, in compliance with paragraph 3 of Article 17 of Law 5043/2023, are served by electronic mail.
- Expired Residence Permits are served at the Department by appointment, scheduled following an email to email@example.com by the interested party or their authorized lawyer.
Requirements for collecting a Residence Permit
To collect a Residence Permit, the following documents are required:
- Original valid passport (*)
- Previous Residence Permit (standalone), if available, for return and destruction.
- Certificate of Deposit (Original Blue Certificate), if available, for return and cancellation.
- In case of loss of the previous standalone residence permit (card format) or the Certificate of Deposit, a certificate of loss from the Police is submitted, indicating the document’s lost number.
- Authorization – Power of attorney. In case of collection by a third party (only lawyers and 1st degree relatives: parents, children, spouses)
- Original authorization with a signature duly certified by a Public Authority or a notarized copy of a power of attorney, explicitly mentioning the mandate for the collection of the Residence Permit
- Proof of identity of the authorized person.
*Except for Investors and their family members, whose Residence Permits can be collected with a certified copy of the passport, as well as for individuals designated as PASSPORTLESS by our Service.
- If the appointment is not fulfilled, a new one must be scheduled/arranged
- Please ensure to adhere to the appointment time
- Minors are not required to be present during the process.
- Attendance for biometric collection only upon summons by the Department.
- The call is made electronically when the examination of the application is at the final stage before the issuance of the permit.
- If you do not attend the appointment, a new appointment will be scheduled by the Department with a second call.
- Biometric data collection applies to MINORS as well. Fingerprints are not taken from children under 6 years old, but other stages of the process are required.
- Required documents upon arrival at the scheduled appointment for biometric data collection:
- Original valid passport.
- Face photograph, passport-style, dimensions 4×6 cm, in four copies and saved on a CD.
- Electronic fee of 16€ (fee code 2119) along with the printed payment receipt.
- Please ensure to adhere to the appointment time.
BIOMETRICS OF INVESTORS
- Article 155 of the Law 4764/2020
- The Service schedules an appointment for biometric data collection.
- In case of inability to attend, the investor or authorized attorney has the option to reschedule by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact the Secretariat at email@example.com for information related to:
- Urgent/ Emergency Residence Permit Issuance,
- Sending Registered Mail,
- Scheduling appointments for biometric/collection of documents and copies,
- Issues of Biometric Data Collection,
- Obtaining copies of decisions or files
You can contact the Inspection Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for information related to:
- Entry Visas
- Special Certificates of Legal Residence
- Relocations following a call for work/Seasonal employment
- Pending legal issues
INFORMATION REGARDING THE USE OF ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS
The electronic submission of applications is conducted through the following portal: https://portal.immigration.gov.gr/login
For technical support, please contact: email@example.com
To schedule an appointment for the issuance (collection) of the permit:
- Application Status: http://pf.emigrants.ypes.gr/
- Schedule appointments here: https://applications.migration.gov.gr/
The platform offers the following options: INSTRUCTIONS and CONTACT (at the end in lowercase letters). Utilize these options.
The document type is “Standalone,” and the permit number can be found in the OBSERVATIONS of the electronic application status.
The permit is collected by the beneficiary, an authorized first-degree relative, or an authorized attorney. The BLUE CERTIFICATE or any previous residence permit is presented, along with a valid passport.
To respond to the supplementary submission notification:
Select: Other applications, and then Submit Additional Documents.